Tuesday 20 September 2011

Caricatures

Looking through my photos recently I noticed a few that in my view epitomise or represent some of my closest blogging friends, in the style of an "avatar". I hope no-one is going to be offended by this post - either because they don't like the photo I have chosen to represent them, or because they are not included in the list - but I have done this in the spirit of good humour, and I hope readers will see it in the same way...

Who's this, do you think? (Easy)

Hazel Dene - is she really Nuts?

David Offutt (The Gastronomic Gardener) - King of the giant lilies

This is Fer from "My Little Garden in Japan" - may his grapevines one day grow as big as this!

This is Takaeko from Small Vege Garden in a Suburb - this would keep his kids busy for a while!

This is Veggiegobbler, an enthusiast of the mosaic art-form if I'm not mistaken

This is Ali, from Mud Pie. Hope the Mulberry re-kindles some of those childhood memories for you, Ali

This is Kelli Boyles - she of the Garden Diary. I know that Phlox is her favourite flower...

This is Sara, from Hilwards - those sheep symbolising the windswept Welsh hillsides dotted with sheep...

This is Kalipso, from Busy Bee


This is Roy Brett, a long-time friend (not a blogger, alas), who is fanatical about post-boxes
And then there's me...

Are those Parsnip seeds properly lined-up???
 I expect you thought I would choose a chilli photo to represent myself, didn't you? That would be just vanity - in truth I don't grow a lot of chillis (I only have 6 plants this year) - but I think many of my readers will know that I like to keep things as neat as possible in my garden, and I thought the row of carefully-positioned Parsnip seeds would sum me up perfectly!

P.S. Links to most of the blogs mentioned are in my sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. Ooo Mark this is the most fabulous post ever. What a marvelous imagination you have - and how good looking am I! I'm very chuffed with my photo and that I was thought of :)

    If I have one criticism though, it's that your photo really needs one of those string tools you use to guide your line and keep it straight. And a ruler and a level measuring stick wouldn't look out of place either :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mark, a lovely idea, and I love those sheep. They look very well behaved and not so bedraggled as our neighbours.
    Hope you had a lovely holiday.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite clever (you have a real creative side). I thought the last photo was you before i read your explanation. Also thought of myself when I saw the flower photo of phlox, so good call. Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I thought this was a lovely idea too. But I don't think those seeds are straight enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to compliment your blogger friends, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.